-Winternz- C Programmer (Hon/Master/PhD level)
Winternz is your chance to go live and work in Silicon Valley for up to 12-months (and possibly longer). Work with some of the leading tech companies in the world and have the experience of your lifetime!
This role is aimed at recent graduates of levels in the computer sciences, software engineering or a related field. You could be an exceptional bachelor's graduate, master's graduate, recent PhD graduate or a current PhD candidate still working on your research. Our partnering company is based in Palo Alto, San Francisco. They initially began as a startup less than 10 years ago and has now grown to become a standout company in the highly-competitive personal finance and financial advisory services market.
In this role you will be working with an elite team of developers to build a high performance analytical database. The main programming languages used are C and Lua, with bonus points for experience with CUDA for programming GPU's. You will also be help build machine learning algorithms and other data mining techniques (classification, clustering, anomaly detection, recommendation systems) on top of this database. These developers are highly, highly experienced in what they do so there is tonnes that you will learn.
Does this sound like a lot to handle? No worries! Our partner company in the US are very supportive and keen to bring on board a candidate that is brilliant and willing to learn. To be considered for this role you don't necessary need to be doing research or have great experience in databases, machine learning or data mining.
As long as you can write awesome code (preferably in C but not required) with a mathematical and statistical background you will be great for this opportunity.
This opportunity is only available until the first, best candidate is found. So don't wait around and apply today!
- Solid skill in coding (C preferably), bonus points for strong mathematics and/or statistics skills.
- Contribute towards building a high performance analytical database
- Build machine learning algorithms and other data mining techniques (classification, clustering, anomaly detection, recommendation systems) on top of this database
- Programming languages used are Lua and C. Bonus points for experience with CUDA for programming GPUs
- Based in Palo Alto, San Francisco
- A monthly salary (in USD)
To be eligible:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Be a New Zealand or Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Required)
- Must be able to prove you have no criminal charges or past convictions (Required)
- Be available to stay in the US for a 12-month period (Required)
- Ability to pay for own Travel and Accommodation costs (Required).
- Must be a current student or have had your final exam within 12 months of the internship start date to be eligible for the J-1 visa (Required)